HP BSM 9.24 - PDF report is not aligned properly (656 Views)
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 1 of 17 (656 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP BSM 9.24 - PDF report is not aligned properly

Hi All,

We have recently configured HP BSM 9.24 and is working all good except the reporting part. When I am opening the user report at 'HP BSM->Application->User Reports' section, the report looks all good. However, when I am extracting it in PDF format, the report alignment gets changed and it really looks odd.

In PDF format, the component table data is getting breaked down to next line (Plesae find the sample report attachde). I have tried to do some .xml setting chnages in HP BSM installation folder, but it is not helping.

Please anyone can suggest if there is a way to sort it out?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 17 (634 Views)

Re: HP BSM 9.24 - PDF report is not aligned properly

well, the report breaks its columns after the 7th column is the correct behavior.

if it didnt break it, you will complain that the report is unreadable since the column are too narrow. BSM cannot export reports to PDF and print them in landscape, so this is the w/a we chose.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Amarnath_BAC
Message 3 of 17 (616 Views)

Try to move the reports accordinly which suits the page, For instance you can have Transaction Performance By Transaction & the application summary on the top. This both should fit in a page and rest you can move accordingly to have a better view.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 4 of 17 (600 Views)

Thank You Asaf!

The concern I have is; our report gets directly delivered to our stakeholders and they are quite aquainted with the BAC report which used to be so perfect in the pdf format.

Is this setting is universal in BSM reporting? Is not there any setting which can change it? If so then I have to inform all our stakeholders accordingly before they raise any concern.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 5 of 17 (598 Views)

there is a setting per report type which defines after how many columns the report will be broken. default is 7.

keep in mind that if you will have all columns in the same line, the column will be much narrow and you might not see the whole BT/BTF name.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 6 of 17 (577 Views)

Thank You Asaf. Can you plesae let me know where is that setting lies? I would like to change it to '9' instead of '7'.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 7 of 17 (548 Views)

in Admin > Platform > Infrastructure Setting, under platform context "Reporting" edit the setting "Specific report display customization" and add the following XML piece at the end, but before the last line "</specific-properties>"

<component report-id="performance_summary_report_by_transactions" presentation-model-name="TransactionPerformanceGraphPresentation">
 <properties-set key="properties">
  <property key="maxColumnsPF" value="9" />  
 </properties-set>
</component>

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 8 of 17 (538 Views)

Hello Asaf,
This worked ! :)

However, it has only changed the first component of the report (Please find the updated report attached). Curious to know if I have to amend separate xml coding for each and every component to make it work?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 9 of 17 (531 Views)

these are different components from different reports.

you need XML piece for each report.

please work with HP Support to find the right components if you cannot find them by yourself.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Rosen_K
Message 10 of 17 (515 Views)

Hi Asaf,

I thought that this is a customization that should be out of support scope but since as per you this should be supported can you give us some hints how to locate the correct presentation-model-name for each for each report-id (and how to find the report ID)? Are the articles from BAC 8 pointing the correct xmls still relevant here in BSM 9? In BAC 8 we did these customizations from the xml files and here I see that is done from Infra instead.

Cheers,

Rosen

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 11 of 17 (506 Views)

this is exactly the reason i suggested working with Support, so they will be able to point you to the files in order to get the correct IDs.

you can ask your HP rep to contact me offline and i will provide more details. i dont think this forum is the right place.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 12 of 17 (490 Views)

Hi Asaf,

I have updated the xml code for almost all component and they are working as expected. However stuck with the Application Summary componnet.

Report name: Application Summary
Report_id: application_summary
Presentation_model name: summary_table

xml code I have configured:

<component report-id="application_summary" presentation-model-name="summary_table">
  <property key="maxColumnsPF" value="9" /> 
 </properties-set>
</component>

However, this is not getting corrected. Can you plesae check if I have taken the Presentation_model name wrong?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 13 of 17 (440 Views)

of course it won't work for you. you are using the "view as table" component.

in the report you added the "tree table" component, so the component name is: summary_tree

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 14 of 17 (419 Views)

Hi Asaf,

Unfortunately it is not working for me :(  I have updated The code as below but still no difference.

<component report-id="application_summary" presentation-model-name="summary_tree">
  <property key="maxColumnsPF" value="15" /> 
 </properties-set>
</component>

Not sure what wrong I am doing. I have attached the report sample here.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Rosen_K
Message 15 of 17 (414 Views)

Hi Kasturi,

Can you explain what is not working as expected at the report exactly? You set 15 columns on one row but the report has only three columns so in my opinion changing the number of columns does not make sense for this reports. It makes sense if you have more than 7 columns and you want to have it in one row, correct?

Best Regards,

Rosen

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 16 of 17 (402 Views)

TreeTables handle the maxColumnsPF attribute differently. I suggest to open Support case and have R&D look at this.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
KasturiRath
Message 17 of 17 (399 Views)

Hello Rosen,

This is about the first component in my report "Application Summary". It has 8 rows in total and the last row is getting breaked down to next line.

The same format of code I have applied for other components present in my report and they all are working (Plesae can you refer my attachment? ). The other report components are accomodating 15th row in a line and if there is more than 15 row, it is getting breaked down to next line.

However, in case of this 'Application Summary' component this code is not working. Probably I am putting something wrong in the code, but not sure where! Is it something that you can help?

Regards
Kasturi

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation