Re: HP BSM 9.23 icon size in geographic map too small - can the size be increased? (521 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Sean Newman
Message 1 of 8 (555 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP BSM 9.23 icon size in geographic map too small - can the size be increased?

We're running BSM 9.23 in a customer environment without a network connection, so we are limited to using the Maps Applet.

The status icons that show up on the screen are really tiny and almost useless (see below). Is there some way to increase the size of the icons? There is a setting for the icon size for Virtual Earth but not for the Maps Applet.

bsm-maps.jpg

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 2 of 8 (521 Views)

Re: HP BSM 9.23 icon size in geographic map too small - can the size be increased?

Frequent Advisor
Sean Newman
Message 3 of 8 (511 Views)

Re: HP BSM 9.23 icon size in geographic map too small - can the size be increased?

Thanks for the document link Pat.

I found some additional icons in the folder they reference in the KM document, and swapped them in for just the critical status to see if it worked, and it did.

Ironically the bigger icons (32x32 instead of 8x8) are a little too big in this case, but I've already found some 16x16 icons elsewhere that should do the job.

One small issue though: I noticed that when hovering over the normal status icons - which are still the 8x8 ones - the tooltip pops straight up, but its not working properly for the bigger critical ones. Is it possible that the code is setting the tooltip target based on the 8x8 icon so its not activating for the 32x32?

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 4 of 8 (500 Views)

hi, there is actually an enhancement request active for your request:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I55631

Patw

Frequent Advisor
Sean Newman
Message 5 of 8 (485 Views)

For some reason I don't have access to see that ER. I have active SAIDs for the BSM products but that doesn't seem to be enough.

What is the ER for?

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 6 of 8 (477 Views)

Hi Sean,

I think CR QCCR1I55631 doesn't fully apply.
It is about
 SH App- Geo Map- The icons In the Geo map is very little and the tooltip is not focused
 with
 The icons In the Geo map is very little and the tooltip is not focused

So it's about the icon size (so your issue as well), and the tooltip doesn't show up at the right location,
but in your case it doesn't show up at all when using bigger icons (is my understanding correct?), so I think the CR doesn't apply.

You might wanna try to "play" with the mouse a little, I could imagine that the area used to identify the "hover" is still on the 8x8 size, so it might show up in the end.

What exact icon name and path did you use and replace with the bigger ones?

If not, then the hover activity is bound to the specific icon (maybe even the name or the format)

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Advisor
Sean Newman
Message 7 of 8 (473 Views)

Hi Siggi,

I did some fiddling about with the mouse and I can now reliably get the tooltip: I need to position the mouse right at the top of the icon, rather than in the middle.

I think it would be worth raising an ER for this - both for the abilty to change the size of the icons and for the tooltip target to be changed to the centre of the icon rather than the top.

Siggi and Pat - thanks to both of you for your help.

Cheers,

Sean

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 8 of 8 (455 Views)

hi Sean,

If you log a support case and refer to this post, it would help logging the ER.

If you give me the support case ID, i can do it for you as well.

Best regards,
PatW
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.