Re: HP BPM Email alert question (342 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 1 of 6 (389 Views)

HP BPM Email alert question

Folks,

Is it possible to send in an e-mail alert the MDRV.log file (or otherwise, the log showing the entire activity of the run) in an e-mail alert? I've never seen this option before, so I'm not even sure it's possible. And if it matters, I've got a Vugen 11.53 Ajax Truclient script trying to run on either BPM 9.22 or 9.23.

Thanks!

Stephen

Esteemed Contributor
haytham_hosny
Message 2 of 6 (350 Views)

Re: HP BPM Email alert question

I think we need a little bit explanation of your request but what I am understanding is that you want to send alert for mrdv.log file , if this is your request , you can monitor the file using Sitescope for example to do that task.

Thank you

Haytham Hosny
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 3 of 6 (345 Views)

hi,

From what i understand is that the MDRV.LOG needs to be attached in the BPM email alert.

You cannot add an attachment to an email alert.

However it is possible to have an external action as part of the alert, and run an executable file in there.

This could be a script which copies over the MDRV.LOG from the BPM machine to the DPS machine, and from there calls a mail client which sends an email with the MDRV.LOG attached (just thinking out loudly here)

To see the options you have, check out the BSM online help :

Application Administration > End User Management > End User Management Alerts Administration > EUM Alerts Administration User Interface > Run Executable File Dialog Box

Hope this helps,
PatW

Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 4 of 6 (342 Views)

So the request was to be able to see the HTML from the resulting failure, in an e-mail form. So I got to thinking that the mdrv log would have this info. Hence, I could set up a script as suggested, and perhaps even just e-mail it from there.

I'll have to take a look at that option. Thanks!

-Stephen

Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 5 of 6 (335 Views)

So I'm *closer*, but stil have a little ways to go. So as I mentioned, it's an Ajax TruClient script. I did find that a "default.xml" file has the results I'm looking for. In theory, I could write a quick powershell script to e-mail out the file directly from the BPM server. However, I thought I could add the batch script to the VuGen script, and then call it on error. I could add the file to the file directly, but I can't see where I would call the script/batch file when the script fails.

The previously mentioned alerting by script only works on scripts stored in the DPS server. I'd need a way to scrape the file off the BPM and then send it.

-Stephen

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 6 of 6 (324 Views)

" I'd need a way to scrape the file off the BPM and then send it."

>>> Use the Task Scheduler, to plan a (daily) job, which runs a batch file which copies over the required file.

PatW
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.