Re: Generate Snapshot on error (456 Views)
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 1 of 9 (516 Views)
Accepted Solution

Generate Snapshot on error

Hi All!

I would like to see a snapshot in BSM 9.23 if an error occurs and I have activated this option in the run time settings in VuGen. Sadly I still can not see the snapshots (this is a web transaction):

Snapshot.jpg

I am pretty sure I am making something wrong and maybe you can help. 

Thanks and kind regards!

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 2 of 9 (489 Views)

Re: Generate Snapshot on error

What versions of Vugen (11.5x) or BPM (9.23?) are you using?

I suggest to re-record the script (uncheck "Continue or error" if this is not really required)

When you run the script in Vugen, and an error occurs, can you view the snapshot in the Vuser log file?

PatW
Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 3 of 9 (481 Views)

Make sure that your application is enabled to send "Snashot on error". in the BSM Admin -> EUM-> Monitor page

in BPM 9.23 we have a regression that it does not send SOE for each transaction (in case you have continue on error)

you will get it just for the first transaciton failure.

We are working to fix it, it will take few weeks.

Functional Architect
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 4 of 9 (476 Views)

Hi and thanks for your replies. 

I am using BPM 9.22 and VuGen 11.00  (patch 4) or 11.50. I tried both. 

"Continue or error" is already unchecked but I have an error handling in my scripts so I have an lr_continue_on_error(1); at the beginning.

In test result in vugen I can see the snapshot. 

I am pretty new with BSM 9.23 where exactly shoud I activate it in BSM Admin -> EUM-> Monitor page ?

Thanks and kind regards!

Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 5 of 9 (473 Views)

You can keep the continue on error, I'm just saying that you will not get mroe than one snapshot on Error (Using BPM9.23)

Ignore my stament about to enable Snap shot on Error (it is for page component breakdown):

Go to Admin -> End USer Management -> Monitors

Select the application

Select in the right pane "Default Settings"

Go to "deafult transaciton breakdown"

Check the page component breakdown.

Functional Architect
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 6 of 9 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]

I suppose it is already enabled, these are the default settings I have for all applications after the Upgrade from BAC 8.07:

Settings.jpg

I use continue on error only to receive an error message if the Scripts end on error before the transactions start (to avoid "no data") . For example:

1) click on link1

2) start transaction

3) click on link2

4) end transaction

becomes:

1) click on link1

2) if link1 does not work -> start transaction -> error message (error on link1) -> End transaction else go to link2

3) start transaction

4) click on link2

5) end transaction

Could this affect the snapshots?

I do not think so but I am not sure so I ask anyway: is there something to set in the BPMs?

I also wonder why I cannot see for all transactions the response time breakdown, sometimes it is simply empty, maybe this 2 issues are connected:

Breakdown.jpg

thanks again and kind regards

Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 7 of 9 (456 Views)

Sorry for the double post but I have made some test and now I know a little more. 

I was able to get a Snapshot from a brand new test script even with continue on error and the above example of error handling. 

What I find is that some scripts for some reason seem to get this function corrupted, the step navigator hangs on loading the image and after the replay is unable to load the snapshot. 

Snap.jpg

Maybe it depends on Vugen because they were recorden with version 11.00 and I use to work at the moment on version 11.5x. Honestly I don't know exactly the reason. 

Kind Regards!

Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 8 of 9 (445 Views)

Few comments:

1. Just failure within a transaction reported as snapshot. 

2. IF you can view the snapshot in means that the source code is not accessible, try to download the code (Zip format) and open it, you have all the info there as well.

3. Consider to use TruClient since on failure it sends an image. Which is better approach in general. In Http/web it save the last source code returned from  the web server while error occurred.

Functional Architect
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 9 of 9 (438 Views)

Thanks for your comments. Finally I got it today.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.