File Size Growth (206 Views)
Frequent Advisor
PremRao
Message 1 of 6 (206 Views)
Accepted Solution

File Size Growth

Hello All,

Can Files be monitored for Growth?  I need to enable monitoring for a folder and configure to check if Size is increasing once in every 30 minutes.

I have a file which is supposed to be monitored whether there's a size change or not, if the size of the file has not increased the system has t trigger an alert.  Is this possible, I have seen directory monitoring but it did not help.

Pls let me know if this is possible through SiteScope.

Regards,

Prem

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 6 (186 Views)

Re: File Size Growth

Yes, SiS file monitor has size counter.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
PremRao
Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)

Hello Kenneth,

File monitor can be used for Unix servers but in my scenario I want to see if a directory space is growingby every 30 mins or not?   Can you please tell me if there's alternative to do that?

Regards,

Prem

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)

Directory monitor should do that too.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
PremRao
Message 5 of 6 (145 Views)

Hello Kenneth,

Thanks for the response, my requirement is little specific by nature.  I just want to monitor a File which tends to grow at an interval of every 30 mins.  So in order to get the requirement I need to specify some size in order to monitor through Directory monitor plus I do not think the Directory monitor will solve my purpose.  Can you please suggest me if I can use a script or something which would help me solve the issue?

I created the following script :-

@echo off
for /d %%D in (".\*") do (
echo "%%D"
For /F "tokens=*" %%a IN ('"dir /s /-c /a "%%D" | find "bytes" | find /v "free""') do Set xsummary=%%a
For /f "tokens=1,2 delims=)" %%a in ("%xsummary%") do set xfiles=%%a&set xsize=%%a
Set xsize=%xsize:bytes = %
Set xsize=%xsize: = %
echo %xsize%
echo %xfiles%
)

But it gives the entire directory size again :-( 

Regards,

Prem

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
PremRao
Message 6 of 6 (107 Views)

File Size growth can be monitored by using File Monitor which is available in SiteScope for Windows as well.  We need to use netbios to connect to the server instead of WMI.  

Regards

Prem

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation