Re: Email Notification from BSM (2165 Views)
Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 1 of 15 (2,180 Views)

Email Notification from BSM

Hi,

I can send report manually via email from BSM. But when condition is triggered the corresponding recipients are not getting the alert from EUM. in the alert log file its showing that the sending email is failed .

2012-04-25 11:27:03,258 [WorkManager(2)-122924] (EmailNotification.java:368) ERROR - MERQ-120642: Failed to send Email
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1388)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:959)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:583)
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.notification.EmailNotification.execNotification(EmailNotification.java:362)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.notification.MessageNotification.execNotification(MessageNotification.java:131)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.notification.NotificationImpl.execute(NotificationImpl.java:162)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.notification.NotificationImpl.handle(NotificationImpl.java:145)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.notification.EmailNotification.handle(EmailNotification.java:252)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.listener.NotificationListener.sendNotification(NotificationListener.java:198)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.listener.NotificationListener.sendNotifications(NotificationListener.java:173)
at com.mercury.am.platform.processing.alerts.listener.NotificationListener.onMessage(NotificationListener.java:151)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor311.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:495)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:116)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.invoke(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.internalInvoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:402)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor150.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
at org.jboss.system.server.jmx.LazyMBeanServer.invoke(LazyMBeanServer.java:291)
at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:169)
at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:118)
at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invokeLocal(InvokerInterceptor.java:209)
at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:195)
at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:61)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.MessageEndpointInterceptor.delivery(MessageEndpointInterceptor.java:249)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.MessageEndpointInterceptor.invoke(MessageEndpointInterceptor.java:128)
at org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor.invoke(ClientMethodInterceptor.java:74)
at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:100)
at $Proxy250.onMessage(Unknown Source)
at com.sonicsw.sonicmq.j2ee.jmsra.impl.sonic.SonicServerSession.onMessage(SonicServerSession.java:168)
at progress.message.jimpl.Session.deliver(Session.java:3006)
at progress.message.jimpl.Session.run(Session.java:2370)
at com.sonicsw.sonicmq.j2ee.jmsra.impl.sonic.SonicServerSession.run(SonicServerSession.java:199)
at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:204)
at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:275)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:756)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 15 (2,167 Views)

Re: Email Notification from BSM

As per the logs, the issue is related to authentication. But we need to know where there is authentication problem. What version of BSM are you using? Was the alerts working before? You should define alerts in Platform Administration - Recipient Notification Service (Alerts Default Mail Settings) area. I have attached the settings for you. Cross check with your configuration.

Also, we need to know are the alerts being sent out from BSM . So check in the alerts log are the alerts being sent out of BSM by going to Applications>Alerts>Alerts log.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 3 of 15 (2,165 Views)

Appears the SMTP relay with no authentication is not enabled from BSM servers. Contact your SMTP/Mail server team to confiure the SMTP to accept mail relay with no authentication from BSM servers.

This will fix your issue..

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 4 of 15 (2,164 Views)

Forgot to attach the screenshot

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 5 of 15 (2,156 Views)

Hi,

I have configured the settings already. ( sender address and smtp server). but still its failing.

Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 6 of 15 (2,147 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have attached the screenshot, how I configured the SMTP in BSM. But still its not working. So experts please help me. 

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 7 of 15 (2,137 Views)

Didn't you find the difference in your setting and mine? Check the last option in your config which is "User for authorized message sending" -   User for authorized massage sending. If not set, then messages are sent without authorization. You have set this option. Either you have to remove the smtp server in this field or you have to set this smtp user to accept BSM messages/emails as authenticated.

--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 8 of 15 (2,135 Views)

Also, I see that you are using primary SMTP server. Check the config properly.I feel problem is with the way you have configured the settings.

--Sujith

Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 9 of 15 (2,132 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In the configuration snapshot its clear that the "User for authorized message sending" is set as "bsm@ict.gov.qa". But still its not working.

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 10 of 15 (2,130 Views)

You are not understanding my friend. To receive alerts either you havre to remove bsm@ict.gov.qa or you need to ask the exchange team to accept the BSM messages as authenticated on bsm@ict.gov.qa server.

--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 11 of 15 (2,129 Views)

Else exchange team has to to configure the SMTP to accept mail relay/messages with no authentication from BSM servers.

--Sujith

Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 12 of 15 (2,120 Views)

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your suport. I have added the DPS server IP to the smtp server and removed the authorised sender address from the platform settings to accept the mail relay. Its working fine now.

Sujit

Can I have your Email so that I can contact you, if I face any issue in BSM.

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 13 of 15 (2,097 Views)

Glad that issue is resolved. Close the thread if the issue is resolved and kudos of course. You can send private messages to me by visiting my profile and use the link below "

Contact

Use this option to send private messages.

--Sujith

Occasional Visitor
Nishant6
Message 14 of 15 (961 Views)

Hi,

Is there any option to cutomize these email notification?

Valued Contributor
sumit_kumar
Message 15 of 15 (932 Views)

Yes email notification is customizable .

Refer the BSM_920_ApplicationAdministration.pdf doc (Page-2925,Creating an Email Template)

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Regards,
Sumit Kumar
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.