Dynamic nodes - Assignment of containment relationship between CiCollection and Node (278 Views)
Advisor
MickyM
Message 1 of 3 (278 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dynamic nodes - Assignment of containment relationship between CiCollection and Node

Hi

I am faced with the following situation.  I have configured HPOM-Omi integration and have external nodes configured in HPOM.  With the OOTB configuration, messages from external nodes do not get resolved and do not appear in the OM CI Collection view.

To get around this, I’ve done the following:

Configured dynamic node creation so OMi adds CIs as nodes when it can’t resolve a CI from an event

Created a TQL query that matches nodes equivalent to the HPOM External Node

Created a pattern based CiCollection model based on the TQL query

Created a view from the model.

Any CIs that are in RTSM at this point are included in the model and have a containment relationship between CiCollection->Node.

Now, when a message comes in from an unknown CI, OMi adds it to RTSM, and it is returned in the results of the query.  However, it is not included in the model because there is no containment relationship created between the CiCollection and Node.  It only gets created when I go into RTSM, save the model and regenerate the view.

Can the relationship assignment be automatic?

Thanks

Mick

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Dynamic nodes - Assignment of containment relationship between CiCollection and Node

Pattern based models are updated upon saving and then daily (at midnight, if memory serves me). Behind the scenes a hidden enrichment rule is created that updates the model. You should see a new job in the Scheduler with the name of the TQL that was used in the pattern-based model (this job will invoke the rule).

If you cannot wait for another day it's possible to invoke the hidden enrichment manually from JMX console at http://DPS:21212

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)

Re: Dynamic nodes - Assignment of containment relationship between CiCollection and Node

One small comment for Dmitry's reply: Pattern based models are updated (by default) twice a day (midnight and midday).

in BSM9.13 or later you can configure the model scheduling (there is a "clock" button in Modeling Studio on the top left side which allow you to configure scheduling for a model), so you can modify it to run once an hour (i dont recommend less than that since it will impact your RTSM performance).

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation