Re: Downtime Management --> modifying/deleting existing downtimes (352 Views)
Occasional Advisor
ThePebble
Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Downtime Management --> modifying/deleting existing downtimes

Hello,

I am running BSM 9.21 on Windows.  Let me preface this by stating that the issues I'm having with downtime management, have been covered in previous messages:

1.  Unable to edit a downtime once it goes active (cannot change CIs, schedules, actions, etc.)

2.  Unable to delete an active downtime from the GUI (it has to be done from JMX console)

My interpretation from previous messages on this forum is that downtime management is WORKING AS INTENDED, but I don't understand WHY that is how it is supposed to work.  Specifically, why can't I edit a downtime after it has entered an active state?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)

Re: Downtime Management --> modifying/deleting existing downtimes

hi,

you cannot edit active DT since there are other engines in BSM relying on DT which will not be affected by that change (for example: Service Health, SLM, EUM reports, etc).

you cannot delete DT since it can still be used in BSM even after it ended, for example: in SLM recalculation or EUM Reports.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
ThePebble
Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

Asaf, thank you for the explanation. But given the nature of the beast, how can someone plan for a sweeping change, for example if a group of CIs needs to have their scheduled downtime modified? Is the best practice to change the recurrence end date on an existing downtime so that it ends sooner, and create a new downtime for the new schedule?
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NagendraPaladi
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

Hi

You can make use of the JMX console. Once deleted it will effect your SLM as the downtime details are lost.

Regards,

Nagendra Swamy. P

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation