Re: Down Time Event (DTE) in BSM (327 Views)
Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 1 of 7 (387 Views)
Accepted Solution

Down Time Event (DTE) in BSM

Hi Experts.. 

I've a small doubt about DTE in BSM..

If we place a DTE for a particular SLA in BSM, will we be getting alerts related to that profile through BSM?

The alerts will be configured in EUM Module of BSM. The SLAs are configured in SLM Module.

So is it possible that, the alerts configured in EUM module will still be triggered after placing DTE for that particular profile in SLM Module for the DTE Period?

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)

Re: Down Time Event (DTE) in BSM

I am sorry, but your question is not clear (at least not to me).

[If we place a DTE for a particular SLA in BSM, will we be getting alerts related to that profile through BSM?]

Do you mean you define Downtime in BSM and in its actions you selected a specific SLA or did you define SLA Data Correction or did you define SLA Status Alert?

[The alerts will be configured in EUM Module of BSM. The SLAs are configured in SLM Module.]

I don't see where is the problem. EUM Alerts have their own logic and can trigger alerts, and SLA Alerts are something else with their own logic.

[So is it possible that, the alerts configured in EUM module will still be triggered after placing DTE for that particular profile in SLM Module for the DTE Period?]

Yes. EUM Alerts are configured separately and SLA Alerts and Downtime are configured also separately. You can have Downtime event that will exclude data from SLM as well as suppress alerts from EUM or just suppress alerts from EUM. The Downtime actions are increasing (meaning each action is all the above and more). 

Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 3 of 7 (372 Views)

Thanks for your post Asaf,

We have done the Data Correction for a particular SLA in SLM module. I assume that Down Time Event and Data Correction in SLM are same. Are they not? 

Please note that, we didn't create any alerts for SLAs in SLM Module. We have alerts in only the EUM Module.

We are monitoring the profiles using BPM Monitors and all SLAs are related to BPM measurements only.

My question is "When we place a Datacorrection for a SLA, whether the alerts related to that Profile in EUM Module are triggered or not". 

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 7 (362 Views)

Now your question is clearer.

The answer is YES, the EUM Alerts will be triggered. The "SLA Data Correction" is relevant (and you can guess it from its name) only for SLM.

Downtime and SLA Data Correction are NOT the same. They may appear similar but they are not. Downtime is central configuration which can affect several applications (such as SH, SLM, OMi, reports, etc) whereas SLA DC are relevant for SLM only.

Another difference is that Downtime can be defined ONLY for future time period whereas SLA DC can be defined also on historic time period.

I hope this answers your question.

Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 5 of 7 (350 Views)

Thanks a lot Asaf....

One more quick question.

How can we prevent EUM Alerts being triggered for a particular profile for a particular time period in future?

Respected Contributor
Riya_Roy
Message 6 of 7 (344 Views)

You can set Downtime in BSM to stop EUM alerts during particular time frame.

Go to :-
Admin > Platform > Downtime Management

refer Platform Administration pdf for detailed explanation.
Regards,
Riya Roy

Ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for …
Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 7 of 7 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Riya.. :-)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.