Documentation on Alerting using SNMP Traps??? (665 Views)
Frequent Advisor
HAC
Message 1 of 4 (665 Views)
Accepted Solution

Documentation on Alerting using SNMP Traps???

I've looked at the many PDFs that are included with BSMv9.12.  I looked at Platform Administration PDF, page 654.  But information regarding the use of SNMP Traps are too general. I need to known what mib it is depending on, where the mib is, how to add a variable in a varbind, if I am able to modify the mib to change the sequence to varbinds, etc.  What document would provide good detail on Alerting using SNMP Traps?

Frequent Advisor
HAC
Message 2 of 4 (661 Views)

Re: Documentation on Alerting using SNMP Traps???

Also I've read Using Service Level Management Chapter 10. Is there anything else I've missed....

Valued Contributor
SK_AmidamarU
Message 3 of 4 (652 Views)

HAC wrote:

I've looked at the many PDFs that are included with BSMv9.12.  I looked at Platform Administration PDF, page 654.  But information regarding the use of SNMP Traps are too general. I need to known what mib it is depending on, where the mib is, how to add a variable in a varbind, if I am able to modify the mib to change the sequence to varbinds, etc.  What document would provide good detail on Alerting using SNMP Traps?

Hi,

SNMP traps are generated by BSM Alerts (EUM and CI Status). To configure the alerts MIB in a SNMP console:

* On your BSM DPS server, go to HPBSM\SNMP_MIBS\ directory

* For CI Status Alerts, copy the CIAlerts.mib to your SNMP management console

* Use your MIB browser from the SNMP management console, to view the varbinds

* Using your SNMP management console's event configuration utility, configure the notification content and method for the various alert types.

Where to find the SNMP codes:

* For list of Alert Types and their corresponding SNMP-specific codes, please refer to the corresponding guides:

- CI Status Alerts (BSM 9 versions) - Guide

- Page 510 - Alerts MIB Varbinds

- EUM Alerts (BPM/RUM) (BSM 9 versions) - Guide

- Page 546 - Alerts MIB Varbinds

BR,

Stanislav

Frequent Advisor
HAC
Message 4 of 4 (647 Views)

Am I able to modify the MIB to our needs (change enterprise ID, and the order of varbinds)?  Is this MIB used by BSM in any other way?  Just wanted to be sure I can customize this MIB before doing so.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.