Re: Creating Dashbord View/Service Health on BSM (469 Views)
Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 1 of 10 (604 Views)

Creating Dashbord View/Service Health on BSM

Hi Guys

We have recently upgraded BAC 7.55 to BSM 9.21  and i having problems in creating Views in 9.21  as it competely different than BAC version

Would really appreciate if you can guide on how to create Views , Is it possible to create Instance View ?

Regards

Bilal Aman

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 2 of 10 (597 Views)

Re: Creating Dashbord View/Service Health on BSM

the attached guide may help you.

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 3 of 10 (570 Views)

Bilal, instance views are gone... please learn more about Modeling Studio and Perspective based views. The best practices Pat posted is the best place to start...
Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 4 of 10 (561 Views)

i went through the Doc .

It is not helping me achieve what i am trying to do . This is what i am trying to do

We have 40 Sitescope integrated with BSM  and what i am trying to do is that i  have 2 sitescope server also integrated with OMi and i need to create a seperate view which consits of only 2 sitescope and create users which only has access to see the OMi events for these 2 sitescope servers

Regards

Bilal Aman

Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 5 of 10 (555 Views)

I was able to create the views for one of the Sitescope , But when i select that view i dont see any Events , However when i select the System Hardware view i can see the Events related to that Sitescope

Regards

Bilal Aman

HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 6 of 10 (525 Views)

Bilal, the events are not resolved to the SiS monitor. that's the reason when you opened the System Monitors view (which shows only monitors) you don't see any event and in System Hardware (which shows the monitored CIs) you see the events.
Have you gone through some basic training on BSM9 and OMi???
Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 7 of 10 (520 Views)

Asaf

I was told by HP that if you create views for System monitors you will get them , i have also opened a case they are also suggesting to create a view

i havnt gone through the BSM/Omi training yet. Can you help me in getting this sorted out please . I need to have these created

Regards

Bilal Aman

HP Expert
PatWest
Message 8 of 10 (498 Views)

Please follow the basic training of BSM/Omi first, to learn about these concepts and then try it again yourself.

Why didn't you follow any training for such a complex product?
Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 9 of 10 (497 Views)

Pat

I am trying to get this done , But the management is top of my head to get this completed soon , I also enquired about the training and what i heard was no there is no specific training for OMI specific  not sure if this is true

Regards

Bilal Aman

Super Advisor
bilal,aman
Message 10 of 10 (469 Views)

I was able to get the Views created for my requirement , And i seriosuly dont feel the Trainign provided by HP is really  worth . I have gone gone through the traiing , The people who takes the training are not very technicall . They only talk in the Sales  pitch

My Coworkers also went through the traiing on BSM9 and they also had the same feedback  As the Trainers  do not have strong hold on the tehcical aspects  and when you question them they don't have answers

However the solution i deployed was not  thought through any trainings

Let me know if anyone has any similar requirement and i can help them

Not sure if there any Core Tehcnical Trainigs avialable for BSM and its components  if you have please do let me know

Regards

Bilal Aman

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.