Re: Cannot see any disk in disk space monitor (205 Views)
Advisor
marc555
Message 1 of 3 (216 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot see any disk in disk space monitor

Hi,

I have deployed some monitors for a remote windows server. I can monitor cpu, mem, service but for disk space, Sitescope is enable to retreive disk installed on server.

Another thing, if I want to deploy Windows Resources, I can see that Disk Logical Object is missing that could explain why using disk space I can't see any disk.

Is there something to do / activate on remote srever to make them available for monitoring.

Regards,

Marc

Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 2 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: Cannot see any disk in disk space monitor

Are these Windows 2000 servers? If so, read below...

In Windows 2000 the Logical Disk object is disabled by default. To monitor the Logical Disk Object by using System Center Operations Manager you enable it by typing: diskperf -yv at the command prompt

Regards,

David
Advisor
marc555
Message 3 of 3 (205 Views)

Re: Cannot see any disk in disk space monitor

Hi Thank's that's exactly the root cause,

David Campeau wrote:

In Windows 2000 the Logical Disk object is disabled by default. To monitor the Logical Disk Object by using System Center Operations Manager you enable it by typing: diskperf -yv at the command prompt

Regards,

David

David Campeau wrote:

Regards,

David

it's working now

Regards,

Marc

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.