Re: Cannot Pull Server Centric report from BSM dashboar (223 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Treviso5
Message 1 of 8 (380 Views)

Cannot Pull Server Centric report from BSM dashboar

Hello all,

I have installed BSM 9.23 and SIS 11.22. I have enabled the server centric report on all Window Resource Monitors. I am able to generate a Sever Centric Report from within SIS. When I try to generate the report from the BSM dashboard I get Server: null No data was found. Please see attached image of the report.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 8 (354 Views)

Re: Cannot Pull Server Centric report from BSM dashboar

Hi,

That's weird. Is topology for that WR monitor being created correctly on BSM side?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Treviso5
Message 3 of 8 (319 Views)

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the topology is being created correctley on the BSM side. If I drill into SIS from BSM SAM the Server Centric report is not available (see BAC user attachment). If I launch SIS from a browser session the Server Centric report is available (see SIS user attachment).

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 4 of 8 (298 Views)

Correct, the server-centric report isn't available via SAM. Use SiteScope via a browser.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Treviso5
Message 5 of 8 (277 Views)

Thank you for your reply Pat.

If I understand you correctly, the server centric report is only available in SiteScope via a browser. 

Why does the option to run the server centric report from BSM Top View exist by right-clicking on the windows resource monitor>Reports>SiteScope Server Centric Report? Please see attached Topview screen shot. The server centric report is also mentioned in the BSM 9.23 User Guide.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 6 of 8 (255 Views)

It's a limitation of SAM. If you require it, you can open an enhancement request. Are the alternatives to open this type report not suffiscient for you?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
chanson
Message 7 of 8 (235 Views)

Pat, out of curiousity, is the availability of the report as a selection in the context menu legacy functionality from a previous BAC version? I don't believe I could access server-centrics from the dashboard or in the SIS GUI when logged in as a BAC user in version 9.1x either but I can't remember back to BAC 8.0x (been too long).

Just curious why it's there if it's non-functional.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 8 of 8 (223 Views)

Bonjour, Chanson.

It didn't exist before BSM 9

Pulling this report caused cashes in the SAMGUI, i found a defect for it.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation