Re: BSM on GTW/DPS not staring (Linux) (185 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Blichew
Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

BSM on GTW/DPS not staring (Linux)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

So I've just finished the installation and configuration processes (DB on MsSQL has been created automatically) and I'm trying to start BSM services on both DPS and GTW server (both Linux).

bsmstatus.sh (BSM status GUI) shows that domain_manager component on DPS and message_broker on GTW are in STARTING (both are 1st components from top of the list) state since 1 hour at the moment, with restart count = 1. It's clear that it isn't gonna start... (all prechecks and initializations are completed successfuly)

All I can see in the nanny_all.log on GTW is:

2013-07-10 16:42:57,078 [pool-1-thread-1] (WatchDog.java:148) ERROR - NannyWatchDog failed for process:MessageBroker
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.osUtil.ProcessInfo.getProcessStatus(J)J
    at com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.osUtil.ProcessInfo.getProcessStatus(Native Method)
    at com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.osUtil.ProcessInfo.getProcStatus(ProcessInfo.java:67)
    at com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.osUtil.OsUtilAbstract.isAlive(OsUtilAbstract.java:53)
    at com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.monitor.WatchDog.isAliveProcess(WatchDog.java:301)
    at com.mercury.infra.nanny.exeMonitor.monitor.WatchDog.run(WatchDog.java:88)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

on DPS it's the same error, just for DomainManager process.

OS is Linux 5.9 while BSM is in version 9.20 atm (I was trying to connect everything before I install all the updates).

Thanks,

Blichew

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 2 of 5 (334 Views)

Re: BSM on GTW/DPS not staring (Linux)

Hi,

I have the same issue but on Windows ,in my case it was port isssue with database.Once we resolved this it works fine.

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Blichew
Message 3 of 5 (313 Views)

Hey,

thanks for your reply. I'll try this when I'll have access to my lab environment but I think that every connection remains uninterrupted between those hosts. They're 3 virtual machines in the same subnet, every FW and every kind of IPFilter are disabled. I can also telnet between them on every port they're listening.

Thanks,

Blichew

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Blichew
Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)

Little update:

All firewalls are disabled, SQL Server is working (databases are created during configuration process) and I can telnet from either DPS or GTW to SQLServer listening port.

Still hangs on "STARTING" of the first component on both servers.

--

Blichew

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Stoyan_Markov
Message 5 of 5 (185 Views)

Hello,

Please check if compat-libstc++ is installed if not please install it (both x386 and x86_64).

The reason for not starting is missing libstrc++.so.5 because by default libstdc++.so.6 is installed.

P.S. DO NOT symlink 5 to 6 since they are incompatible.

HTH.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation