BSM non production licensing (459 Views)
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 5 (459 Views)
Accepted Solution

BSM non production licensing

Is there a guide I can follow to understand licensing structure for my non production environments?

If we have three BSM environments: Prod, dev and Disaster Recovery. Do we need a separate license for each instance?

I have this document but it is bit old (2011) I am not sure if it still holds true:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-875/42877/1/HP%20Software%20Non-Production%20So...

According to this we can get up to 6 non-prod licenses with one prod.

Regards,

Rohan Tyagi

HP Expert
Message 2 of 5 (421 Views)

Re: BSM non production licensing

[ Edited ]

Nothing has changed in this regard. So every environment will need to have an individual license, but you only pay for your production licenses. Licenses for all other environments (with capabilities and capacities not exceeding corresponding productions licneses) are free of charge and provided upon request.

Be careful though if by "BSM" you also mean "OMi". OMi is a special beast and from licensing point of view it belongs to Class 2 products like classic OM for example, not to Class 1 products like all other pieces of BSM.

Frequent Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (401 Views)

Really helpful, thanks Dimitry

One more question:

TBEC also falls under normal BSM modules?

So we need to buy only the prod licenses for TBEC?

HP Expert
Message 4 of 5 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]

No, TBEC belongs to OMi (you cannot have TBEC if you don't own OMi), hence non-production license for TBEC is not for free. Similar to non-production license for OMi itself.

LSW
Message 5 of 5 (375 Views)

@rohan_tyagi

Fantastic info Dmitry. If you need additional help from a dedicated Account Team, feel free to send over a private message or fill out this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with your BSM needs (including OMi). Thanks for stopping by the forum!

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.