Re: BSM is not Updating BPM Scripts to the latest version (805 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Vito Fresiello
Message 1 of 6 (829 Views)
Accepted Solution

BSM is not Updating BPM Scripts to the latest version

Hi All, I'm experiencing a problem with BSM 8.03: I modified a BPM Vugen Script and uploaded the latest version into

the CR Service.

In the the EUM I Updated the script to the latest version, as usual, but the script running is still the old one (v.1.24) despite in EUM says the version in v1.1.25. Tried several times but no luck.

Checking on the BPM side, actually the script running is the old one.

Is anyone aware of how I can troubleshoot?

Regards

ViF

Frequent Advisor
Tarif Louah
Message 2 of 6 (827 Views)

Re: BSM is not Updating BPM Scripts to the latest version

Did you restart the BPM server? The BPM should get the new version when you update in BSM.
If the agent does not get updated I suggest to restart BPM.

kr\tarif

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 3 of 6 (814 Views)

restarting the BPM services could be one possible step. if this does not help you can simply delete the local script file on the BPM machine and the restart the service once again. this will force BPM to pull the scrpt files from the server. i would recommend to do this during a maintenance window because there will be no data samples during this time (of course)

Occasional Advisor
Vito Fresiello
Message 4 of 6 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, the BPM restart has been the first thing  I've done, after realizing about the problem, but no luck. Before trying to do something, I really would like to investigate on "why" this happened, looking in some logs or for some process hanging. The processes are all up and running, anyway....

Valued Contributor
SK_AmidamarU
Message 5 of 6 (792 Views)

Vito Fresiello wrote:

Hi guys, the BPM restart has been the first thing  I've done, after realizing about the problem, but no luck. Before trying to do something, I really would like to investigate on "why" this happened, looking in some logs or for some process hanging. The processes are all up and running, anyway....

Hi,

First try to update the new version of the script again. When the update is done, don't leave the CRS page, instead hit Refresh (on the left side). Check the script version again. If this doesn't help, provide loader.log and loader.all.log from your Gateway server > HPBAC\log\mercury_db_loader\ directory

BR,

Stanislav

Occasional Advisor
Vito Fresiello
Message 6 of 6 (771 Views)

Hi all, looks like I have the solution for this issue.

Looking the "comcenter" log on the BPM there were errors  as in slow BPM- BSM connection. Modifying in the "topaz_agent_ctrl.cfg" the HTTPSenderTimeoutSec from 600 to 1200 and restarting the BPM, it started to work again.

Regards

ViF

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.