09-25-2013 02:41 AM
I dont find answers of below queries. please help me.
1. RUM probe – engine connection type? HTTPS or SSH or ?
2. Traffic type is monitored by RUM? HTTPS/HTTP or T CP/IP or ?
3. Single RTSM sync job is limited to? How many CIs ?
4. Purpose of report repository?
5. Omi upgrade procedure for Omi 9.01 to 9.20. 9.01 -- >9.13 -->9.20 or ?
6. Database supported by Omi 9.2 ? SQL 2005 or SQL 2008 or Oracle 11.1 or
7. How to upload parameters in VuGen script? File or WLL or XML or Web script?
8. agentless monitoring means in sitescope means ?
- Monitoring without agent but via TCP, ICMP, RDP, etc protocols
- Reduce customer cost by not installing agent at client servers.
9. recommended period of baseline in BPM?
09-26-2013 02:51 AM - edited 09-26-2013 02:53 AM
It sounds rather strange, because most of the answers can be found in the BSM documentation, or perhaps that wasn't too obvious?
And in the separate guides for RUM, Sitescope and BPM are available from our SSO website, http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals, just to give a few examples:
I'm attaching a TXT (remane this to HTML) file so that you can access the most important documentation rightaway.
The only thing left now is to read them, good luck with it.
09-30-2013 02:55 AM
Thanks for reply. I already have all these PDFs and understand.
1. white paper says that RUM monitors both kind of - TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS . But i need to select one.
2. Connection type between engine and probe is HTTPS as per guide, but i also read somewhere that it is SSH. So i am not sure which one is correct? i need to select one.
09-30-2013 05:54 AM
It depend what you are planning to monitor, a application running a website for example, then use HTTP, is it an application running on a server in your intranet, then TCP/IP.
Using HTTP/S or SSH it depends on what OS your RUM probe runs, windows or Linux.