Re: BSM Db connectivity issue (762 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 1 of 12 (855 Views)

BSM Db connectivity issue

We installed BSM 9.2 in Linux environment and we are trying to configure the BSM setup and database configuration utility but while setting up management schema it is saying "operation failed login has timed out".

Our oracle DB and BSM setup is  in same server and everything seems to be ok. Kindly help us

HP Expert
Javier_Mora
Message 2 of 12 (847 Views)

Re: BSM Db connectivity issue

Hi Ram,

Please check that there is no security application such as antivirus or firewall blocking the communication between the BSM servers and the database server.

Kind regards,

Javier Mora

Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 3 of 12 (831 Views)

thanks for the reply,

I disabled selinux and now it is good but m getting the error as host and port connection refused in 1521.. 

HP Expert
Javier_Mora
Message 4 of 12 (825 Views)

Hi Ram,

If you are still having prolems please check if the port is open.

Kind regards,

Javier

Valued Contributor
gope
Message 5 of 12 (810 Views)

You may consult your DBA to have a different port for Oracle Listener. Port 1521 seems to be a well defined port in Linux and is used by ncube-1m. You can verify this in /etc/services file.

Or you can comment the lines with 1521 port in /etc/services if you are allowed to do so and try.
Best Regards,
Gopinath Manickam

To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!
Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 6 of 12 (797 Views)

Thanks for all the reply,

i want to now waht will be the schema? is it a Db name ?

we are getting the attached error wile connecting to existng DB.

Db is created by the name bsm and it is up & running fine

Valued Contributor
gope
Message 7 of 12 (784 Views)

Hello Ram,

Before you can configure BSM to connect to existing DB , you need to create necessary schema's that will be used by BSM. This is very well documented in BSM database guide. Before you configure BSM, please go through the document and configure the Database as documented.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Gopinath Manickam

To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!
Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 8 of 12 (771 Views)

i want to bsm only create the DB and schema because we not having that DB knowledge. here we are getting the error as failed to create db.

I just want to know wahnt user name password hould have to give? is it a DB user name or that server credentials

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 9 of 12 (762 Views)

Hi Ram,

I attached my "BSM (OMi) 9.2x Linux Tips and Tricks" document here,

there is a section on how to setup Oracle on Linux (you already did this, but it might be required for you that yoo go over it and write down the entitiy names like SID, port and so on), and there is a section on how to configure BSM with Oracle.

As already stated, there are SOME activities you need to perform outside of BSM, as BSM cannot perfom these, and that's described.

Good luck

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 10 of 12 (744 Views)

Thanks for the doc...

I ran

oracle_tablespace_create.sql

oracle_user_create.sql  scripts but stil m not able to resolve the error..

I am using oracle db and everthing is fine from DB side it is up and running, but in bsm setup & database config utility it wil say failed creating ms-sql database. i dono why this error is coming, we selected the oracle server in the previous menu.

plsease help us ASAP

Frequent Advisor
Ram prasad B
Message 11 of 12 (732 Views)

Hi guys,

can we have the step by step how to configure the BSM oracle tablespace creation and to configure the Db utility

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 12 of 12 (711 Views)

Hi Ram,

I'm not an Oracle DBA, and I was able to get it running using the stuff I listed in the document I attached the last time.

In any case, there is still somehting wrong with the DB setup within BSM, thus the error.

That you use ORacle but get an MS-SQL error message is a bug in BSM 9.2x which has been reported under
CR QCCR1I79122 BSM9.21:Installation:Function:report "failed create MS-SQL database" when doing system configuration with Oracle database
and
CR QCCR1I79746 BSM 9.22 - In config wizard during Oracle DB creation fail UI show errors with MSSQL DB creation fail. 

so you can ignoire that is tells you "ms-sql", but you cannot ignore that there is an error.
Simply check the logs for the detailed error message (it can be something really basic like USER ALREADY EXISTS or ACCOUNT LOCKED or alike)

Greetings
Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.