BSM DR Site Hot-standby (236 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Kelvin-HK
Message 1 of 4 (236 Views)

BSM DR Site Hot-standby

Understand BSM supports DR configuration not until the release of 9.1.

I am seeing the possibility of installing GW, DPS, BSM DP at DR site and making use of BSM to BSM integration mentioned at page 335 of BSM Solutions & Integrations manual, Can anyone suggest the possibility?

Otherwise we could just step up a fresh installation of BSM at DR site and when the production site failure, just manually changing the load balancer to point all new requests to the GW server at DR site?

Please kindly advise the possibilities, thanks,

Kelvin

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Ken Strauss_2
Message 2 of 4 (215 Views)

Re: BSM DR Site Hot-standby

We have a "warmish" standby in our 8.x environment,  it takes 2 hours to failover so I wouldn't call it "hot"  but are waiting on 9.10 to hopefully get us there.

Please use plain text.
Jerry Brown_1
Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

We have a DR configuration with 9.01 where all servers are in one BSM. Database is replicated with DataGuard. We're in the process of testing just how warm to keep the backup site and the details of the failover procedure. I'll try to post more in a few days.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

have u done it sucessfully?,,how u replicated ur db with dataguard?
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation