Re: BSM 9: How to create downtime for specific monitors - not the entire system (582 Views)
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 1 of 5 (638 Views)
Accepted Solution

BSM 9: How to create downtime for specific monitors - not the entire system

Hello,

I have several SiteScope monitors running and I need to create downtime for those monitors in BSM 9.

How can I create downtime for specific monitors in BSM 9?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 5 (632 Views)

Re: BSM 9: How to create downtime for specific monitors - not the entire system

One of the changes of BSM9 is Downtime. Downtime is associate with CI and the monitors are not needed anymore.

This is the reason that the SiS monitors and groups are NOT applicable as related CI for Downtime, since they are not "real" CIs (you will not find them in the CMS class model).

So if you have SiS monitor associated with a CI (for example: CPU monitor) then you can define the Downtime on the Computer CI instead of the SiS monitor CI.

Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 3 of 5 (626 Views)

Asaf,

What about BPM monitors will that be possible to put downtime on them?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 5 (623 Views)

I suggest you look carefully in your BSM and tell us if you find any BPM monitor...

I also suggest you learn about the model BPM creates in RTSM (such as Business Application, Business Tx Flow and Business Tx). Then I am pretty sure you will be able to answer the question by yourself.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 5 of 5 (582 Views)

You define and manage downtimes using the Downtime Management page in Platform Admin. HP Business Service Management enables you to:

• Configure the downtime to occur once or to recur weekly or monthly.
  • Select multiple CIs to be affected by the downtime.

When configuring a downtime, you select specific instances of CIs from the available views. You can select CIs of the following CI types for the downtime:

• node
  • running software
  • business process
  • business application
  • ci collection
  • infrastructure service
  • business service
  • click on Next>

Select CIs Page

This wizard page enables you to select the CIs that are affected by the downtime

evert if u faced any issue

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.