Re: BSM 9.23: Performance Graphing (314 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)
Accepted Solution

BSM 9.23: Performance Graphing

hello community

i am trying to get around performance graphing and i have a question i am sure someone here will be able to answer. i was able to create new performance graphs and draw them from OM Performance Perspective. the issue i am having, it that i am missing the default performance graphs which are supplied with BSM out of the box. there is one which is names "Systemes Infrastructure" which is for example assigned to the "Computer" CI type and the "File System" CI type.

Now i would like to graph SiteScope metrics from CPU, Memory and Dynamic Disk Space monitors. Not sure if this Performance Graph has been desinged for this or if this is for OM Agent based data. I have read in another post that SiteScope metrics are only supposed to be available in out of the box graphs in the future and that for now SiteScope metrics have to be integrated by creating customized graphs.

So when i am looking at the OM Performance Perspective i can not see any of the predefined graphs available when for example i have a CI of type "Windows" selected in the view explorer. Well i can see my customized performance graphs there but i am missing the "Systems Infrastructure" for example.

Please share some insight with me on this one

thans

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

Re: BSM 9.23: Performance Graphing

Hi Tibor,

Please add a screenshot of what you are seeing, to clarify.

Pat

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 3 of 5 (341 Views)

hello Pat

thanks for your reply. this screenshot is from my lab environment. as you can see, there is no graph visible on the Windows CIs besinde the one i have added manually. I wonder why i am missing the Systems Infrastructure graph?

Performance Graphing.jpg

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

There are no OOB graphs for SiteScope metrics. BSM Grapher checks "Monitored_by" attribute of the CI you select. So if that CI is only monitored by SiteScope, BSM Grapher has nothing to show besides the graphs you created yourself.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 5 of 5 (314 Views)

Hello Dmitry

Thanks a lot for this information. This explains why i do not see any of the predefined graphs for the CI monitred by SiteScope. I will intrdoce a custom graph to display these metrics.

Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation