Re: BSM 9.22: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions? (801 Views)
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 1 of 17 (827 Views)

BSM 9.22: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions?

Hello,

I am trying to run my BPM Performance OverTime report on 27 transactions, but the report only shows 21 transactions.

Is there a limit of trasnactions that can be displayed in this report?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Tex2020
HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 2 of 17 (817 Views)

Re: BSM 9.22: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions?

Hi Tex2020,

have a look at

BSM -> Platform -> Setup and Maintenance -> Infrastructure Settings
 Applications : End User / System Availability Management
  Max. number of transactions or locations in Triage report
  Defines the maximum number of transactions or locations to display in the Triage report  
  default : 20 

While the setting says "Triage report" only, it might also apply to the BPM Performance Over TIme report.

I also found this:

BSM -> Platform -> Setup and Maintenance -> Infrastructure Settings
 Applications : End User / System Availability Management

Past days to check for transactions without data in BPM Performance Over Time report. 
  Determines how many past days will be searched to find transactions without any data
  (this setting is only relevant if the "Show transactions with no data in BPM Performance Over Time report" setting is

activated).  
  default : 4 

Show transactions with no data in BPM Performance Over Time report 
  Display the names of the transactions that do not have any data, in the BPM Performance Over Time report. 
  default : false 

So if you do have transactions in the list with no data for a period of time, they will not show up in the report, unless you enable it in the Infrastructure Settings. 

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 3 of 17 (801 Views)

Re: BSM 9.22: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions?

Hi Siggi,

It was working fine in BSM 9.22.

But after in BSM 9.23, there seems to be some problem. Even after increasing the value, the number of rows displayed is only 20!

Is it a bug? Is there a patch available?

Regards,
Ashok
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 4 of 17 (789 Views)

Siggi and Ashok,

Sorry. My BSM is at version 9.23 with this issue; not 9.22.

The issue is that it was working fine in BSM 9.22 as Ashok mentioned, and now is not working in BSM 9.23.. It has a limit of 20 for some reason and if I perform the requested actions you indicated, the issue still is not resolved. It still only shows 20 transactions in the report, even if I put 30 in the Infrastructure Setting area you mentioned.

Do you know of this is a reported defect or if there is a know hotfix for this issue?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 5 of 17 (776 Views)

Hi Tex,

Thanks for confirmation :)

@Siggi, as Tex informed, it started after BSM 9.23 upgrade. Is there a known fix for this? Please let us know.

Regards,
Ashok
Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 6 of 17 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]

We did not  change anything from both versions, very strange behavior. worth to ask support

Functional Architect
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 7 of 17 (755 Views)

Just to tell you that you are not alone. I have the same issue after installing the patch 9.23 from 9.22.

Could you please try if you can see any metrics over time or under Applications -> Service Level Management the CIs Over Time. They also disappeared after the patch install.

Kind regards.
HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 8 of 17 (742 Views)

Hi All,

I need to make sure that we are all on the same page:

I created 8 business applications with three transactions each, resulting in 24 transaction.

I let these run for more then one hour.

Then

BSM -> Applications -> EUM -> Analysis Reports -> BPM Performance Over Time

Filter :

View : Past Hour

Applications : Filtered (view : End User Application, selected all 8 business applications)

Result:

Performance Matrix : Group by Transactions

shows all 24 transactions, as expected.

Is this where you look at as well?

Noam already mentioned that there was no obvious change in the code, I also was not able find any new report of a related defect.

With GDE debug logging enabled I found one potential reason for it (but I don't know if this is new in BSM 9.23):

when the report is requested, GDE retrieves all the data from the database(s):

in my case it looks like this:

SELECT  /* ~~PerformanceMatrixCompDGForTRANSACTION */ TOP 2600 SUM( CAST ( CASE  WHEN BPM_TRANS.STATUS_ID = 0 THEN BPM_TRANS.EM_RESULT_VALUE ELSE 0 END   AS DECIMAL (38,8) )) ALIAS7,...

FROM BPM_TRANS, TRANSACTIONS_DIM, CUSTOMERS_DIM WHERE BPM_TRANS.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID = TRANSACTIONS_DIM.INTERNAL_TRANSACTION_ID AND BPM_TRANS.CUSTOMER_ID = CUSTOMERS_DIM.CUSTOMER_ID AND (TRANSACTIONS_DIM.APPLICATION_ID  IN  ( 0xED52731751764E7D8F7002B7BE4B2972,...,0x440C95042BA383B1A0AA28943C801EB3 ) AND (BPM_TRANS.SAMPLETIME >= 1390989623 AND BPM_TRANS.SAMPLETIME < 1390993223) AND

... (it's a LOOOONG statement)

> SELECT TOP 2600

depending on the filter we only look at the first 2600 records

> SELECT  TOP 6200

or at 6200

and potentially there are other values possible at all.

If I run the query and use TOP 200 instead of TOP 2600, I don't see all 24 transactions, so that might be the reason for it.

Can one of you please respond to let me know if I'm looking at the correct report section?

Thanks

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 9 of 17 (739 Views)

Well, in the end I was able to reproduce it:

filter : all 8 applications, View : Past hour, Every 2 Minutes (was Every 5 Minutes before),
now only 17 transactions are returned,
all 3 transactions from 5 applications, 2 from 1 application, and 0 from 2 applications

When looking at the data returned by the long query in a DB query tool, the statement returns 282 rows, and contains ALL !! applications (8) and transactions (3 each)

this matches the first result from GDE:

2014-01-29 12:36:02,766 [ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-1] (GDEQueryHandlerImpl.java:106) DEBUG - *** Result Before Post Processing:***
GDEQueryResult - Row count [282]
2014-01-29 12:36:02,795 [ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-1] (GDEQueryHandlerImpl.java:116) DEBUG - *** Result After Post Processing:***
GDEQueryResult - Row count [282]
2014-01-29 12:36:02,822 [ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-1] (GDEImpl.java:135) DEBUG - Returned result data&colon;:
Warning message> The requested data containsaggregation with different offsets. The offset that was used is 0.0. This might affect the accuracy of the data.
Monitor type> trans_t

now shows 320 records (instead of 282), but still all applications and transactions can be found,

so it seems some logic within the layer populating the data into the report limits the data.

Can one of you please open a support case, so that I can get in touch with R&D (simply mention "assign to Siggi") and I will get it.

Thanks

Siggi

HP Support

Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 10 of 17 (732 Views)

Re: BSM 9.23: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions?

[ Edited ]

Siggi,

I have opened a case with HP Support.

4647325610  BSM 9.23: BPM Performance OverTime report only shows 20 transactions

Can you please take this case over and let me know what you find?

Thanks,

Tex2020
HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 11 of 17 (710 Views)

Re: BSM 9.23: “BPM Performance over Time” report - limit of number of displayed transactions?

Hi Tex2020,

I receieved your case and already opened a case with R&D, as I can reproduce the issue easily.

It seems that the report ignores the last 7 transactions under certain circumstances,

you get 20 instead of 27,

I get 17 instead of 24 ...

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 12 of 17 (708 Views)

Siggi & Tex,

Thanks for your updates.

I will be waiting for the solution :)

Regards,

Ashok

Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 13 of 17 (692 Views)

I opened this support case on 21. January. It is related to the same issue: 4647265225. There are some screenshots and detailed description inside. The problem extends to metrics over time and CI summary over time, here it only shows blank pages, no data returned.

Kind regards! 

Valued Contributor
Ashok_I
Message 14 of 17 (656 Views)

Hi Tex/Twinge,

Did you get any update on this from HP Support?

Regards,
Ashok
Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 15 of 17 (655 Views)

Hi Ashok, I answer you immediately. No reply until now. 

Thanks and kind regards!

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 16 of 17 (642 Views)

Hi Twinge and Ashok,

for the primary issue this thread has been opened for,

BSM 9.23: BPM Performance OverTime report only shows 20 transactions

support case 4647325610 has been opened and R&D provided a hotfix, which resolves the issue.

I have no idea what the status with the other case is (issue with metrics over time and CI summary over time), you might wanna check with the engineer working on the issue.

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

Frequent Advisor
twinge
Message 17 of 17 (637 Views)

Hi Siggi,

I solved the issue with the other report by myself. Just removed the JBOSS Cache and everything reappeared. 

But I haven't received any hotfix from support until now for the primary issue.

Thanks and kind regards!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.