Re: BPM console issue (330 Views)
Frequent Advisor
sivabac
Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

BPM console issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

Not able to open the BPM console in the BPM machine or for that matter on  any machine I tried. We had the latest JRE on the each machine.

Can you please through some light, what might be the reason?

Regards

Sivabac

P.S. This thread has been moved from Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum to Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum - HP Forums Moderator

Trusted Contributor
Aleherma
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

Re: BPM console issue

Hi Sivabac,

Are you refering to the business process monitor software?

If so, i think you could get a more suitable reply if you post it in their product sub-forum. This subforum is for Operations Manager for Unix.

Let us know wihch product you are using.

regards,

Alex.

Alex Herrera
OMU support
TSIA Certified Support Professional (Chris Reed)
aleherma@hp.com

HP Software values your feedback regarding your overall Support experience. Contact us at software.satisfaction@hp.com or my manager directly.

Valued Contributor
maf
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

Apparently, BSM has a problem with java7-21.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00414686

Wouldn't be surprised if this applied to BPM as well.

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi sivabac

Are you trying to connect to the console from within BSM or directly from the BPM machine itself?

If from BSM, could you try to RDP to the BPM machine, then try opening up http://localhost:2696? If that works, then it's most likely a FW issue between your BSM machine and your BPM machine (allow communications from your BSM machine to your BPM machine over TCP port 2696).

If you can't even reach the console from the BPM machine itself though, it might be something a bit trickier. Before we go down this route though, I think first try the above and see how it goes. Hopefully it is just a FW rule that needs sorting out.

Cheers

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.