Re: BPM Admin in BAC error running Invoke Task on a SAP script (1100 Views)
Frequent Advisor
BOYZ2009
Message 1 of 13 (1,705 Views)

BPM Admin in BAC error running Invoke Task on a SAP script

Hello,

I have a BPM monitor that is for my SAP application and when I go through BPM Admin to run the Invoke Task option, I keep getting these errors:

04/06/2009 16:01:48 Error: Failed to load library "FwcWsp.dll": error code 126 [MsgId: MERR-202594]
04/06/2009 16:01:48 Error: Failed to call fatal error in lr_tcpbdwn_pp_init function from Failed to initailize hooks. The system returned error code 0 [MsgId: MERR-202589]
04/06/2009 16:01:48 Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread context wasn't initialized on this thread. [MsgId: MERR-10176]
04/06/2009 16:01:48 Warning: Extension lr_tcp_breakdown.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize [MsgId: MWAR-10485]
04/06/2009 16:01:48 Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread context wasn't initialized on this thread. [MsgId: MERR-10176]

Any ideas on this?

Points given.

Thanks.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 13 (1,705 Views)

Re: BPM Admin in BAC error running Invoke Task on a SAP script

Do you have SAP client installed on the BPM machine?
Frequent Advisor
BOYZ2009
Message 3 of 13 (1,705 Views)

Yes. The SAP Client is installed on the BPM site location.

Description.....: SAP Logon for Windows
Product version.: 640 Final Release
File version....: 6405.5.23.1024
Build number....: 880131

Thanks.

Frequent Advisor
BOYZ2009
Message 4 of 13 (1,705 Views)

Anyone have any clue as to these errors I get from BPM Admin when running the Invoke Task option?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Points given....
Advisor
Allen Kronenwetter
Message 5 of 13 (1,705 Views)

Not sure if this was ever resolved but I am running into the same error.

I have the same script running from multiple BPMs and only 1 of the BPM machines (out of the 24 total BPMs we have running) is getting this error everytime the script is run.

I have downloaded the script onto the BPM machine and ran it using vugen manually and it works fine. So I am kinda out of ideas at this point.

Any suggestions?
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 6 of 13 (1,705 Views)

i'm having the same problem as the two chaps above.

SAP script failing to execute from BPM 8.02 with the error message

Failed to load library "FwcWSP.dll"

- SAP client installed
- Script running fine when executed manually from VuGen
- Other scripts completing successfully from the same BPM into the same BAC instance

FwcWsp.dll seems to be related to the Microsoft ISA firewall client.
anybody around with a solution for this?

thanks

Honored Contributor
Rajasekhar Gundu
Message 7 of 13 (1,705 Views)

Hey, I have seen the same sort of issue with SAP calls running on different ports than tradition port. Then I happened to ask the firewall team to permit the anonymous traffic on those two ports (incoming & outgoing) which solved the issue. You may wish to try the same. I will let you know if I came across anything more.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 8 of 13 (1,705 Views)

thanks for your reply Raj

at this point i'm sure it has to do with the Microsoft ISA Firewall Client which is installed on my BPM machine. i have managed to uninstall the ISA Firewall Client on a temporary base for testing (although this is naturally not complient with the security policy).

without the ISA client running the script is working perfectly fin from BPM!

so there has to be some relation to the ISA client. a note on the side: disabling the Firewall Client via it's UI was not help. so the configuration of the client needs to be changed in order to allow the connection

right now i'm still not sure what the difference could be when running it from VuGen and from BPM. i even tested it with running the BPM instance under a user with local admin on the machine.

if i find out more about it i'll let you guys know.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 9 of 13 (1,705 Views)

hello folks

here is how we managed to fix this. actually one of my colleagues managed to fingure out the problem and than the solution for this.

the problem come up because when script is being kicked off "mdrv.exe" is looking for the Firewall DLL "FwcWsp.dll" which it is failing to locate. the way to look at this is:

1. Download "Process Monitor" from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

2. Start "Process Monitor" and Filter with: Process Name - Begins with - "mdrv.exe"

3. Select "Show File System Activity" and "Show Process and Thread Activity"

This is to make sure that your only looking at all the Files System Activity and Process and Thread Activity related to mdrv.exe! Without this you won't be able to distinguish what's relevant.

4. Start your SAP Script from the BPM Admin website and monitor the Process Monitor activity while the script is executed.

5. After the script has failed to run with the error message go back to Process Monitor and analyse the caputred entries in the list.

6. You can additionally filter or highlight for "FwcWsp.dll" to narrow down the results.

7. If you look at the Result column you need to focus on the entries where file access has failed to "FwcWsp.dll"

8. At a certain point you will see that mdrv.exe is looking for "FwcWsp.dll" in a the variables defined as System Variable in Path. This because mdrv.exe is failing to successfully find the DLL on the system. You need to add the correct path to the DLL on you system to the Path variable. The path should be something like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client 2004 and the complete Path System variable should look more or less like this

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\Installed Packages\{790c06b4-844e-11d2-972b-080009ef8c2a}\bin;C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\Installed Packages\{790c06b4-844e-11d2-972b-080009ef8c2a}\bin\OpC;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client 2004

Depending on your System configuration you might have more or less entries here. Right now important is only that you add the path to the DLL

9. Restart your system or at least log off and back in

10. Test to run your script from BPM Admin

I hope this helps
Advisor
Allen Kronenwetter
Message 10 of 13 (1,705 Views)

The solution above about adding ISA to the path variable resolved my issue.

If you are running BPM as the SYSTEM user, you will need to reboot in order for the changes to take effect. I tried restarting services and that did not work.
Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 11 of 13 (1,701 Views)

glad to hear that this has worked out for you as well. it seems this is the way to go ...
Occasional Visitor
APMFTW
Message 12 of 13 (1,484 Views)

Just wanted to let everyone know that to resolve the issue.  We had a couple BPMs, one where it was working, one where it was not.

I search on the working BPM for where "FwcWsp.dll" was located.  Low and behold it was in two locations on one machine, and only on one in the other (the machine where the script was not executing properly.)

I copied FwcWsp.dll into the other location, so both machines had it in the same places, rebooted and now it is executing properly.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
vishnu143
Message 13 of 13 (1,100 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am getting the same error...with the same type of Error messages for AD (Active Directory) Profiles, which are using the LDAP protocol to run the script.

So here I don't have any clients to install also. Does any one have any ideas about it ??

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.