BAC 8.04 News, Gartner Application Performance Management MQ Link, and an additional welcome! (323 Views)
Contributor
colinwfletcher
Message 1 of 1 (323 Views)

BAC 8.04 News, Gartner Application Performance Management MQ Link, and an additional welcome!

Greetings all,

Before I jump into the 8.04 info, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and personally welcome you to the Application Performance Management(APM)/BAC boards.  I'm Colin Fletcher, the newest member or the APM/BAC Product Marketing team and if you're so inclined you can find a bit more about me in Aruna's earlier post, my LinkedIn profile, or feel free to drop me a note - I seriously want to hear from you and find out more about your experiences with BAC!  So without further ado......

While the excitement around BAC continues to build with the recent release of the Gartner Application Performance Management Magic Quadrant report that puts HP solidly in the leadership position, we also wanted to get the word out about the 8.04 update of Business Availability Center which brings many significant enhancements to you including:

Enhanced Performance and Usability

1. Diagnostics sees important improvements around remote backup scripts and additional configuration flexibility (especially around .NET instrumentation)
  2. The BAC user interface now makes it simpler to ensure the right people have access to the right information with additional user management customization options

Expanded Platform Support

1. Windows 2008 Server is now supported by BAC, Business Process Insight Server, TransactionVision (Analyzer, UI/Job Server, WMQ Sensor, Java and .NET agents)
  2. TransactionVision also adds Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, and DB2 9.5 to the Analyzer and UI/Job Server supported database list

While there is too much in the 8.04 BAC update to list here, more details and the update itself are available now on Software Support Online and of course you can always get the latest on BAC on the APM Blog and BAC on hp.com.

cheers,

colin

Colin Fletcher
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Application Performance Management/BAC
Hewlett-Packard Company

www.twitter.com/ColinF_at_HP
www.hp.com/go/apmblog
www.hp.com/go/apm
www.linkedin.com/in/colinfletcher
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation