BAC 8.03 - KPIs Assignement problem (265 Views)
Super Advisor
Michele Ruggiero
Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)

BAC 8.03 - KPIs Assignement problem

Hi All,

I did an integration using EMS Integration. Now I have to change some parameters on the KPIs assigned during this integration:

- duration

- no data timeout

I edited the xml assignement in EMS Integration Section.

After I inserted a flag "Run assignement on existing CIs" an click on OK.  The parameters are correctly changed for some CIs but for others nothing happens. I tried to execute again the assignement but nothing happens. We have about 3,000 KPIs and the check for everyone is impossible.

Is there a way to verify quickly the values for these KPI parameters?

Can I assign with a way different from "Kpi Assignement" these new parmaters values to KPI?

Thank you in advance

Michele

Valued Contributor
Tzvika Stein
Message 2 of 5 (259 Views)

Re: BAC 8.03 - KPIs Assignement problem

KPI assignment works only for KPIs which were not modified manually by the user. Once a KPI is manually modified it is marked as such in the CMDB (attribute called allow_auto_discovery is set to false).

One way to find all the KPIs from your integration that do not have the parameters you set in the assignment is creating a query in CMDB for CIs of type dimention with proper attribute conditions. This CI type is not visible by default since it is not inherted from it_world CI type. You can make it temporarily visible from the Admin -> Platform -> Infrastructure Settings.

I would start with a basic TQL for dimensions with allow_auto_discovery = false. Preferably limit the KPI type and rule type attribtes as well to limit results.

Once you find the KPIs you're looking for set the allow_auto_discovery attribute back to true and re-rung your assignment

-Tzvika

Super Advisor
Michele Ruggiero
Message 3 of 5 (254 Views)

Hi Tzvika,

I know this BAC behaviour but I thought that the attribute was:

Allow CI Update = false

and not

allow_auto_discovery = false 

Are you sure that this is the attribute that cause this problem?

Anyway now I check the values in some dimensions and let you know.

Thanks

Michele

Super Advisor
Michele Ruggiero
Message 4 of 5 (247 Views)

HI Tzvika,

"Allow CI Update" and  "allow_auto_discovery" are respectively, "Display name" and "Name" attribute.

I have only 9 CIs with this value to "false" but no one is a sitescope_monitor (that is the CIType wich KPI Assignement is addressed).

Have you other suggestions?

Thanks

Michele

Valued Contributor
Tzvika Stein
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)

The attribute name in 8.03 is data_allow_auto_discovery. The CIs with data_allow_auto_discovery=false that you are looking for are actually the CIs that represent the KPI (CI type name is dimension which is derived from configuration and not from it_world) and not the CI to which the KPI is assigned to.

What I suggest is creating the following TQL:

sitescope_monitor -----> link -----> dimension

and for the dimension put the following attribute conditions:

data_allow_auto_discovery=false

type=<the KPI type as an integer>

this should return all the sitescope monitors that have KPis of a given type that are not affected by KES.

I hope this helps.

-Tzvika

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.