Assigning a CI Type to an URL monitor in SiteScope (294 Views)
Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 1 of 4 (294 Views)

Assigning a CI Type to an URL monitor in SiteScope

Hello,

We have SiteScope 11.23 which is integrated in BSM 9.22 via SAM. I have a couple of URL monitors that I would like to associate with a CI Type. I know it is associated with the monitor CI, but this one is depricated and only exist for backwards compatibility.

I would like to be able to create maintenance directly on the URL if possible.

How can I link the URL monitors to a CI Type? I tried going in the monitor properties/HP Integration Settings and change the CI Type to Business Service and enter the Name, Organization Name and type and then add Indicator Settings, but it does not seems to be transferred in BSM even after forcing a synchronization.

Thanks and regards,

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 4 (285 Views)

Re: Assigning a CI Type to an URL monitor in SiteScope

Which values did you use for Organization Name and type?

Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

Hello Dimitry,

Thank you for your response.

We used values related to our company (company name and department).  Is that the expected values?

Regards,

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 4 (273 Views)

It's a common misunderstanding to think that you could use some arbitrary values (specific to your company) for those fields. Navigate to CIT Manager and find Organization CIT there. By default, there are 4 CIs of that CIT.

So the Organization Name in the SiteScope monitor properties must be one of the Organization CIs names. Also have a look at OrganizationType attribute of those CIs. It's a drop down list with specific values. You must use only one of these values as Organization Type field of your SiteScope monitor properties.

If you want you can, of course, create your own Organization CIs and even define your own organization types that will be specific to your company. But it's a different story. Bottom line - you must use specific values for both Organization Name and Type. Those that exist in RTSM.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.