Re: An internal error occurred .* = 1 in sitescope 11.20 (117 Views)
Frequent Advisor
santhosh2531
Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)

An internal error occurred .* = 1 in sitescope 11.20

Hi guys,

In my sitescope server the "log evet checker" under health group status is in error state.

i cross checked  and found that "An internal error occurred.*" value is 1. how to check the internal error and how to resolve this issue.

give me some suggestion guys.

thanks and regards,

santhosh.

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: An internal error occurred .* = 1 in sitescope 11.20

Hi santosh2531

I know the reply is very late, but we also had the exact same issue for the past couple of days. The short answer is this:

The "An internal error occurred" portion of the Log Event Checker is a bit confusing, as what the monitor checks for isn't actually "An internal error occurred", but rather just "internal error". Where does it check this? The status of any monitor on your Sitescope instance.

That means that if a monitor isn't exceeding any thresholds, but where the status contains "internal error", the Log Event Checker will return an error for "An internal error occurred".

For some reason this isn't documented very well (if at all), so that's why I'm submitting this here in case anyone else stumbles onto the same issue.

Easy way to narrow down which monitor is problematic is to open the SiteScopeYYYY_MM_DD.log file, and doing a search for "internal error". Either amend, fix or delete that monitor, reset your Sitescope health check monitors, and the problem should be fixed.

Cheers.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 3 of 3 (109 Views)

Re: An internal error occurred .* = 1 in sitescope 11.20

Hi,

Scan error and RunMonitor.log for "internal error".
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.