Re: An internal error occured. Apache/Tomcat 5.5.20 error (9844 Views)
Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 1 of 5 (9,882 Views)

An internal error occured. Apache/Tomcat 5.5.20 error

Hi Experts,

I am facing this issue in HP BAC 8.04 where I am unable to un-assign a data collector. I am facing this issue for a perticular profile only, rest all the data collectors are getting assigned & un-assigned properly.

The error msg: An internal error occured. Apache/Tomcat 5.5.20

I have attached te screenshot for your reference.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Saurabh Bhati

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 5 (9,879 Views)

Re: An internal error occured. Apache/Tomcat 5.5.20 error

Looks to me that its a session related problem

1. Clear the browser cache and temporary files and try accessing again

2. If the above does not work

To be on safer side, just keep a back up of the below folders. I know you dont need this but lets keep it.

On DPS:

Use TopazBrowser to test the connection of the Profile database.

Go to /Tools/TopazBrowser or BSM browser, and launch the Java application through the bat file.

Go to File -> Topaz connection.

Select the proper Profile database, and click .

3. The JBoss and Tomcat caches should be cleared as the Sessions folder size can become very large.

Stop BAC, making sure there are no Topaz processes left, and stop the IIS service , IIS admin service, and WWW publishing service.

On DPS:

Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/deploy, and delete its contents.

Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/sessions, and delete its contents.

Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/work, and delete its contents.

On GW:

Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/tmp/sessions, and delete its contents.

Go to %HPBAC_HOME%/EJBContainer/server/mercury/work, and delete its contents.

Start the IIS service and BAC.

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 3 of 5 (9,866 Views)

This occurs when a host is deleted from the Data Collector Maintenance page but the Webtraces are not unassigned from that host prior to its being deleted

Unassign the Webtrace from the missing host In the same profile, click on the Contents tab -> WebTraces -> and click on each of the Assigned Hosts, and click Assign. This will reassign the Webtraces to only those hosts to which they were originally assigned that still exist.

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Advisor
Saurabh_Bhati
Message 4 of 5 (9,849 Views)

Hi Parker,

I tried the below steps but still the issue remails. Any other alternatives?

Regards,

Saurabh Bhati

Frequent Advisor
Tarif Louah
Message 5 of 5 (9,844 Views)

A part than this error may be caused by Default Profile setting of Profile database. can you synchronize the BAC EUM?   before doing that can you check first if you have errors in MI_MonitorAdministration.log, pls post?

kr\tarif
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.