Re: Alerts from Sitescope to BSM . (638 Views)
Frequent Advisor
STahir
Message 1 of 8 (709 Views)

Alerts from Sitescope to BSM .

Hi,

Have an alert, in SIS,  trigging the event for BSM  and woring fine but when status change from error to normal evnt does not disapear from BSM. I have tried to trigger an other Alert with normal but does not work.

Any idea that can synchronize the event in BSM with SIS ?

regards

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 8 (696 Views)

Re: Alerts from Sitescope to BSM .

Hi,

You mean that the good event gets into BSM but event doesn't get closed?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 3 of 8 (693 Views)

Hello,

please can you tell me which versions of sitescope and BSM are you running? I would like to troubleshoot if there is any problem with this versions :)

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Frequent Advisor
STahir
Message 4 of 8 (672 Views)

Thanks for reply.

We have "HP BSM 9.22.081" and  "SIS 11.22 "

Only thing I want that when a critical event in SIS it should be in BSM and when it is not critical in SIS it should not be in BSM .

As I mentioned before I tried to fire an critical Alert (should trigger when monitor is in critical status ) form SIS and it reaches to BSM but good alert (should trigger when monitor is in normal status ) doesnt reach to BSM.

Is there any other way to do so ?

Regards,

ST

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 5 of 8 (667 Views)

Hello

Let me possibly clarify a few things. First you don't have any "events" in SiteScope. If integrated with BSM Operations Management SiteScope will generate events in OM. There are different ways to do this.

1. Any status change in SiteScope will generate an event in OM by default. Means when a SiteScope monitor turns from OK to Error or the other way around you will see an event for this in OM.
2. By setting up an Alert in SiteScope which will generate an event in BSM OM.

A few things in mind. If you like to influence when an event should be created (for example only once after three times) you will have to do this via the Alert. The generic event which is created upon status change will not let you set this kind of logic.

Regardless of which way you choose you will have to work with the Event Mapping Templates. You can find them under Preferences > Common Event Mapping.
My recommendation would be to create a template which won't send anything to BSM (option Log only = True) and assign this to each monitor. With this you will not see any event in OM unless it has been triggered by a dedicated alert.
Once you have this you can start setting up your alerts the way you want them to be (for example trigger critical only). This will give you the most control. And in the alert definition you can select another Event Mapping Template which you can customize to your needs.

I hope this help. If yes please give kudos
Frequent Advisor
STahir
Message 6 of 8 (652 Views)

Thanks for reply .

your last suggestion "e (for example trigger critical only). This will give you the most control." is good and I have configured the Alert trigger critical only. but when monitor is back to normal , event does not disapear in BSM .

rgds<ST

Esteemed Contributor
tibornad
Message 7 of 8 (650 Views)

in order for the event to be closed in OM you would need to either send another Good/OK event once the monitor is back to normal state in SiteScope by setting up a second Alert Action with GOOD as trigger condition or work with the "Submit close key condition" in the event mapping templates Correlation section.

Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 8 of 8 (638 Views)

Hi,

Not sure if this will work or not, but I think in order to get events into BSM/OMi, you need to create CI status alerts in BSM. It can be critical and Normal. and then check if this works.

create one normal alert against each critical and it should get close.

Regards,
Hanumant
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.