11-20-2003 05:10 AM
(1) The contoller boot screen shows "Slot1 HP Smart Array 5312 Controller Initialising... _"
(2) It takes VERY long time to proceed after showing the above message, about 5 mins!!
(3)One green LED and 2 orange LEDs turn on on the controller's PCB, the 2 orange ones are "Drive fail" & "Diag Mode"
(4) As I enter my OS, Win2003 Enterprise, it shows error message that the controller's driver failed to start, file cpqcissm.dll failed to start!
(5) Windows device manager, shows the controller with a yellow exclaimation mark, error shows the controller fail to start!
Can I solve the problem by simply attach a SCSI HD drive to controller?
11-20-2003 07:16 AM
Nearly all SCSI and RAID cards load their "option ROM" during POST. This know as "bannering." In other words, this is when the card initializes, firmware/BIOS versions appear, any attached devices are spun up and detected, and any error messages related to the card will appear.
The fact that it hangs while bannering leads me to think that there is something wrong with the card. There are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. try reseating the card (check for dirty contact edge when you do this)
2. Check documentation, make sure you have the card in the correct slot for your server (check server documentation to see if there is a preferred slot)
3. during POST, if this doesn't fix the problem trying entering the setup utility to clear out any configuration information
Although, this really sounds like more of a hardware issue,, make sure you are using the latest driver for the card.
11-20-2003 04:49 PM
how can I enter the contoller's ROM/BIOS setup screen while booting so that I can delete the previous config?
My contoller is Compaq/HP smart array 5312!
11-21-2003 02:29 AM
I saw somthing like J6 RISCWATCH; J7 ISR; J9 PCA on its PCB!
Please help me, thank you very much!
Oh, I nearly forgot yo mention that I'm running on a ASUS server which I'm affraid of compatibility may lead to my problem, and does the contoller's config can be stored on compaq/hp server's mainboard BIOS only so there is no way for me to access its config while running on a non-compaq/hp machine???!!!
Thank you all!
11-21-2003 02:54 AM
which is very strange!!!
11-21-2003 09:05 PM
plz help me, thank you
12-30-2003 09:27 AM
If the blue amber LED is not blinking, it's not worth any further efforts to try updating drivers or controller f\w. At this point the controller is not responding to commands. The Option ROM banner appears because of the BIOS mechanism, but the first command to ID the controller ends up timing out.