06-02-2004 08:28 AM
1. In the same subnet/vlan
2. Using DNS, no WINS runs on our win2k domain. Would like to keep it that way.
3. Set user "Everyone" in the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" Group.
4. Have entered all network info per manuals/instructions.
5. Tried creating computer account in default Computers OU.
6. Using domain administrator account to try and create the machine account also.
7. Interesting thing is that we have 2 of these units on our other campus, and both of those joined right up the first time, part of same domain, using the same default settings.
Does anyone have any additional ideas or clues as to what might be going on here? Thanks...
05-04-2005 02:26 AM
Have you had any success since posting this problem?
GKN Aerospace Services
06-22-2005 11:56 PM
I didn't have such a problem with a W2k domain. It may help sometimes to look into the diagnostic report to see, if the domain controllers work. If you configuered automatic discovery, than use manually setting, and test ist with the diagnistic report. By the way, I have WINS running on the AD integrated DNS servers.
03-28-2006 07:23 PM
05-11-2006 07:53 PM