Some Software Forums and Categories will be merging together (11919 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 1 of 24 (11,919 Views)

Some Software Forums and Categories will be merging together

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Since the migration of the ITRC forums into the community, you should have noticed that in some product areas that are multiple forums for one product. We did this after the migration to make sure that the ITRC members could find their specific forum. 

Now after 7 months, we will be combining a number of forums together so that you only have one forum where you can submit your questions or search for specific information. All bookmarked posts will still work after we merge the forums together.

The following forums will be merged:

• The Business Availability Support Forum and the Business Availability Information and News will be merging with ITRC Business Availability Support Forum. The forum will be renamed Business Availability Center Support and News Forum.

• The Network Management Support Forum and the Network Information and News Forum will be merging with the ITRC Network Node Manager Forum. The forum will be renamed to Network Management Support and News Forum.

• The Operations Management Product Information and Operations Management Support Forum will be merging with the ITRC OV Operations (ITO) Forum. The forum will be renamed Operations Management Support and News forum.

•  The Data Protector Support Forum and the General Discussion, Information & News will be merging with the ITRC Data Protector Forum. The forum will be renamed to Data Protector Support and News Forum.

• ·The Project/Portfolio Management Support Forum and the Project and Portfolio Management Information and News forum will be merging  with  the ITRC  Project and Portfolio Management Forum. The forum will be renamed to Project and Portfolio Management Support and News Forum.

• The IT Asset Manager Information and News and IT Asset Manager Support Forum will be merging with the ITRC OV asset mgmt Connect -IT, Asset Mgmt Forum. The forum will be renamed to IT Asset Manager/ Connect-IT Support  and News Forum.

• The Service Management Discussion, Information & News and Service Manager Support Forum will be merging with ITRC OV ServiceCenter/Service Manager Forum. The forum will be renamed to HP Service Manager / Service Center Support Forum.

•  The ITRC OV IT Service Mgmt and Service Desk Forum will be renamed to Service Desk Support and News forum.

•   The Quality Center Information and News and the Quality Center Support Forum will be merging with the ITRC Quality Center Support forum. The forum will be renamed to Quality Center Support and News Forum.

All your posts bookmarks will still work after the merging of the forums. Each URL (post), if moved will still point to the same place.

The merging will start today (February 6th) at 4 pm (PST). As we are merging many forums it can take up to two days before this is finished. Thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions please reply to this message.

Greetings,

Bill

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Stephan.
Message 2 of 24 (10,561 Views)

Re: A number of Software Forums will be merging together

BGroot wrote:

Hi all,

Since the migration of the ITRC forums into the community, you should have noticed that in some product areas that are multiple forums for one product. We did this after the migration to make sure that the ITRC members could find their specific forum. 

Now after 7 months, we will be combining a number of forums together so that you only have one forum where you can submit your questions or search for specific information. All bookmarked posts will still work after we merge the forums together.

The following forums will be merged:

• The Data Protector Support Forum and the General Discussion, Information & News will be merging with the ITRC Data Protector Forum. The forum will be renamed to Data Protector Support and News Forum.

All your posts bookmarks will still work after the merging of the forums. Each URL (post), if moved will still point to the same place.

The merging will start today (February 6th) at 4 pm (PST). As we are merging many forums it can take up to two days before this is finished. Thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions please reply to this message.

Greetings,

Bill

Could you please add a "Data Protector Express" Part - it's a complete different product and due to the naming several people asking for Data Protector help even if they own Data Protector Express.

Thanks,

Stephan

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 3 of 24 (10,359 Views)

Hi Stephan,

Yes, we will create this forum. I am out ill at the moment, but I have asked someone else to create this.

Appreciate your feedback.

Greetings,

Bill

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Warren_Admin
Message 4 of 24 (10,328 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please read: Changes to our Software Categories!

Similar to what was recently completed for our Printing and Digital Imaging categories, and in an effort to make navigation more streamlined,  we will be making the following changes to the "Software”  categories and forums in the coming weeks:

1) First, we will rename the “Product Families Community” to “Products” and remove the product families sub-categories. All product sub-categories will be directly under the “Products” category.

2) We will merge the “IT Trends” and “Solutions” categories into a new sub-category named “IT Trends / Solutions, with all of their forums together.

3) We will also merge the “Fun Zone,” “News,” and “Events.” The new category will be called “News, Events and Fun Zone.” All related forums will reside under this category.

4) We will rename “Software Services” to “Software Services and HP Education.”

We will have further details and information soon.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 24 (10,327 Views)

>Could you please add a "Data Protector Express"

But should this be part of the existing Storage > tape or > Archival Products?

It would help if the existing board said that "Data Protector Express" goes here.  Or include that name.

And float a topic in Data Protector to say that Data Protector Express is elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 6 of 24 (8,682 Views)

It depends on how you see Data Protector Express. Since it is shipped with standalone tape drives, more related to the tape storage products than HP software this seems to be correct.

I fully agree, that this product deserve a different forum since it has nothing in common with Data Protector. Floating posts could help, but I guess a moderator must have an eye on this separation in any case.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
omarelalfy
Message 7 of 24 (7,749 Views)

Re: Some Software Forums and Categories will be merging together

very good step
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 8 of 24 (7,662 Views)

>Please read: Changes to our Software Categories!

Any reason you don't merge LoadRunner into Performance Center?

And possibly Functional Testing/QTP into Quality Center / ALM?

And you can mention the old names under the new boards.

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 9 of 24 (7,566 Views)

[ Edited ]

We are not planning on doing that. We might consider moving the Performance Center Support and News forum into the LoadRunner category and then calling the category LoadRunner / Performance Center. In this category you will find all information on LoadRunner and Performance Center.

What's your opinion? Or should we leave it as it is?

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 10 of 24 (7,564 Views)

Hi Members,

We have completed the consolidation of the categories and forums in the Software portion of the community. As mentioned previously we believe this will help members find forums quicker, with fewer “clicks”.

Consolidation summary:

- Combined IT Trends and Solutions Community category into one category called IT Trends and Solutions. All relevant forums/ blogs were copied into this category.

- Combined the Fun Zone, Software News and Events into one category called News, Events & Fun Zone. All relevant forums/ blogs were copied into this category.

- The Products category now contains all product related sub-categories, forums and blogs. We merged a number of forums together. In some cases we merged specific product Information & News forums into the support forums, which we now call the Support and News forums. In some cases there were several support forums for one product, so we merged these in order to minimize any confusion and provide you with just one forum to post questions and comments.

- “ITRC” was removed from the titles of a number of forums.

- The forum ITRC OV Performance Management Forum was moved from the  Performance Center category  to Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) -> OV Performance Management Forum

-  We modified the name of some product forums, and here is a summary of the changes  made:

Old category / forum name

New name

SOA Center

HP Systinet ( SOA Governance)

SOA Center Support forum

HP Systinet ( SOA Governance) Support and News Forum

Business Availability 

Application Performance Mgmt ( BAC / BSM)

Business Availability Center Support and News Forum

Application Performance Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum

Network Management

Network  Management (Openview - NNM)

Network Management Support and News Forum

Network Mgmt /  ( OpenView-NNM) Support and News Forum

Operations Management

Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt)

Operations Management Support and News Forum

Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum

Quality Center Community

Quality Center / ALM

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Greetings,

Bill Groot

Social Media Program Manager 

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 11 of 24 (7,485 Views)

>We might consider moving the Performance Center Support and News forum into the LoadRunner category and then calling the category LoadRunner / Performance Center. In this category you will find all information on LoadRunner and Performance Center.
>What's your opinion?

HP Performance Center is a more inclusive product and that includes Loadrunner.  I would suggest you combine and move to Performance Center/LoadRunner.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-937011

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-935779

The same with Quality Center and QTP.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 12 of 24 (7,484 Views)

[ Edited ]

>HP Systinet ( SOA Governance)

>HP Systinet ( SOA Governance) Support and News Forum

>Network Management (Openview - NNM)

Can you clean up the category name and remove the space after the "(".

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Systinet-SOA-Goverance/ct-p/sws-SOA_CNT

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Management-Openview-NNM/ct-p/sws-NNM

>Application Performance Mgmt ( BAC / BSM)

This has a space after "(" and before ")".

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Performance-Mgmt-BAC/ct-p/sws-BAC

>HP Neonview

This is spelled wrong.  It also should be moved to Obsolete Products, along with toptools.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Neonview/ct-p/Neoview

A minor point, why have this subcategory that is duplicated in the parent?

Records Management (TRIM)

Records Management (TRIM) Support Forum

I don't think you really need these two titles, you can combine them.  And you can intersperse the board names.

(Later you could address why this product has 8 sub-boards.  :-)

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Records-Management-TRIM/ct-p/sws-RM

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Records-Management-TRIM-Support/ct-p/sws-RM_Supp

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 13 of 24 (7,030 Views)

>HP Performance Center is a more inclusive product and that includes Loadrunner.  I would suggest you >combine and move to Performance Center/LoadRunner.

>http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-937011

>http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software/software-product.html?compURI=tcm:245-935779

As I mentioned we have been considering this and we have decided to move forward with it. I will post a message in the Performance Center forum, that we will be moving the support forum ( only forum in this category) to the LoadRunner category and rename the category to LoadRunner/Performance Center. I want to give the members the chance to get ready for this change so that they can update their bookmark for Performance Center ( if they have have this set up).

>The same with Quality Center and QTP.

I will need to discuss this with the Quality Center and QTP team.

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 14 of 24 (7,029 Views)

Appreciate your feedback and thanks for catching the typo on Neoview. I have made the modifications by removing empty spaces.

Regarding HP TRIM, this is the way the team wanted this setup from the beginning members seem to be ok with they way this is set up, but things can change :-).

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 15 of 24 (7,004 Views)

>I have made the modifications by removing empty spaces.

Thanks.

>Regarding HP TRIM, this is the way the team wanted this setup from the beginning members seem to be ok with they way this is set up, but things can change :-).

Yes but do they really need this extra subcategory that just repeats the board info on the main category?

I don't think that extra level really buys much.  Especially since you flattened a bunch of other boards.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 16 of 24 (7,004 Views)

>we have decided to move forward with it. I will post a message in the Performance Center forum, that we will be moving the support forum (only forum in this category) to the LoadRunner category and rename the category to LoadRunner/Performance Center.

I'm suggesting you do the reverse.  I.e. there are ~8 times as many topics in the Performance Center board.

Or are you worried about moving the blog and those two nearly empty boards?

You may want to combine LoadRunner Information and News in to this new board too.

>I want to give the members the chance to get ready for this change so that they can update their bookmark for Performance Center (if they have have this set up).

That's fine but there will be less people that have to change if you reverse the movement.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 17 of 24 (6,756 Views)

This has a typo in it: Applciation

Applciation Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Applciation-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/bd-p/itrc-875

And this has a space before the ")":

Application Performance Mgmt (BAC / BSM )

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Performance-Mgmt-BAC/ct-p/sws-BAC

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Products/ct-p/sws-ProductFamilies

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 18 of 24 (5,959 Views)

You might want to look at my old topic about missing references to the "Discover Performance Blog":

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Why-is-Discover-Performance-Blog-missing...

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Admin
BGroot
Message 19 of 24 (5,497 Views)

I have just replied to that post.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
flyingcolour
Message 20 of 24 (1,501 Views)

That is indeed a very good thing to hear. Good.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Maurice De Vidts
Message 21 of 24 (1,496 Views)

How does one go about suggesting/requesting a new forum? I'm interested in seeing a SQL Server or SQL Server 2012 under Windows..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 22 of 24 (1,490 Views)

>I'm interested in seeing a SQL Server or SQL Server 2012 under Windows.

Microsoft > Windows Server 2012 isn't good enough?
I suppose the title could be changed to include both.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Maurice De Vidts
Message 23 of 24 (1,478 Views)

I'd keep them separate, they are related but not the same ;)

so, how does one initiate a group?

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 24 of 24 (1,475 Views)

>how does one initiate a group?

You have to justify to the EBC forum admins that there is enough need for a separate set of Microsoft boards.

It may be easier to just lump both into one and retitle it.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation