Re: HP Enterprise Community UX changes (2076 Views)
Community Manager
manugent
Message 1 of 3 (2,090 Views)

HP Enterprise Community UX changes

As you know, we are constantly making changes and tweaks to the HP Communities, based on feedback from our membersI  wanted to highlight a couple of new improvements that have or will be rolled out this month:

Expand All & Collapse All, with tool tips
There are+/- buttons on the Community landing page that will allow members to expand all categories or collapse them all.

ebc-caag.JPG

Private Message Number Indicator
The orange number will only appear if there are unread PMs (private message) in your inboxIf there are no unread PM's, you will not see the orange iconAdditionally, the orange icon no longer overlaps the envelope.

ebc-pm.JPG

NewSolvedIndicator:

The new icon is larger and will hopefully be more noticeable for members.

ebc-accepted-sol.JPG

• Kudos Mouse-Over:
    When the kudos button is moused over, an explanation of the button functionality will appear.ebc-kudos.JPG

Let us know if you have any questions, and as always, keep the feedback coming!

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 3 (2,076 Views)

Re: HP Enterprise Community UX changes

>I  wanted to highlight a couple of new improvements that have or will be rolled out this month:

I've already noted these in:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/New-forum-features-and-main-page/m-p/567...

(Why the bogus "#.T80Lg1KwUsc" on the URLs now?  It seems like it shows up after the page is rendered.  This happens in firefox and chrome.)

It would help if you could be more precise on which features aren't there yet.  I've seen all but the PM notification but I haven't got any recently.

>the orange icon no longer overlaps the envelope.

I don't think this is all that important.  Only the orange color and number is.

>Kudos Mouse-Over:

That's helpful!  Now you need flashing red lights and some ding-ding sounds.  ;-)

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 3 (1,365 Views)

Re: HP Enterprise Community UX changes

[ Edited ]

>Why the bogus "#.T80Lg1KwUsc" on the URLs now?

Looks like they finally fixed this after causing recent problems with navigation buttons.

I had problems in firefox where I would go forward and back using the page arrows and after I refreshed the browser or used the back button, the page number was lost:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Black-and-White/bd-p/itrc-219/page/.UNHOsHfFz2o

>The orange number will only appear

In the next bunch of forum changes, the orange highlight was removed.  :-(

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.