08-24-2010 02:18 PM
Please join us on Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010, 9am EDT/2pm GMT for a free webinar associated with EuroStar 2010: Understanding the Critical Role of Multi-Layered Testing in Agile Environments. Register here
Roi Carmel will cover the following content:
QA teams used to wait on the sidelines for development teams to produce a stable GUI before they could begin automated testing. Not anymore. Today's componentized applications and agile development environments challenge QA to assume a much more importantand proactive role-- contributing value earlier and continuously throughout the process.
Most agile testers are focused on unit and integration level testing, however, the next level is testing through the application's business and service layers,all the way to system level testing. Roi Carmel, Senior Product Manager, HP Software, takes attendees step by step through these stages. At each stage, he describes which practice -- GUI or non GUI automated testing, is the right choice and why, a difficult and challenging question which, if answered incorrectly, can lead to agile project failure.
What attendees will learn:
- Why is unified functional testing (or multi-layered testing) critical for QA success in agile teams?
- Should this type of testing be the responsibility of QA or development and why?
- What is the most common mistake QA teams make when testing GUI's in an agile environment?
- Why aretraditional regression tests still necessary in agile environments?
- How is the QA engineer skill-set changing and evolving with the move to modern application and agile processes?